Call for Entry:
2021 open international online juried exhibition
The call for entry for our 2021 open international online juried exhibition is now open! This exhibition will be displayed on the SCA website from March 15 to June 15, 2021. We are looking forward to seeing an outstanding collection of art from around the world.
All the call information is below. Please read the Entry Terms & Conditions carefully before proceeding with your submission. If you have any questions please contact our Exhibition coordinator, Allison Grapes, at email@example.com
Gallery: Online only
Exhibition Dates: March 15 to June 15, 2021
Submission Deadline: February 1, 2021
Results Notification by Email: February 25, 2021
Maximum number of entries: Up to 3 artworks per artist
Jury Fees: $40 CAD for SCA members, $50 CAD for non-SCA members. Jury fees are non-refundable.
Best of Show: $2,000
2nd Place: $1000
3rd Place: $750
2 Honourable Mentions: $250 each
Chantal Julien, SCA, IAF, NOAPS, OPA
Artist and Museum Curator Juror
Jean Pederson AWS, CSPWC, ASA, SFCA, MCWA
EligibiliTy, Terms & Conditions of Entry
Open to all SCA members (Elected & Associates) and to all artists worldwide.
- Entries must not be copies, derivatives, or based in any any way on other artists’ paintings, photographs, copryrighted or not, or other artistic work.
- Any infraction of this rule will result in serious consequences. For members it will result in but will not be limited to expulsion from the SCA. Non-members will be barred from all future SCA exhibitions. Entry fees or award prizes will be forfeited.
Conditions of Entry
1. The exhibition is open to all artists, whether or not SCA members, creating original artwork in all traditional media including painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpture and photography. Art must be entirely the work of the entrant, executed without the supervision of an instructor, and within 3 years of the entry deadline. Work must not have been previously exhibited in an SCA online or gallery exhibition.
2. This is an online exhibition which means no shipping to a physical location is required.
All selected works will be exhibition on the SCA online gallery at https://societyofcanadianarts.com
3. There is no size limit for submitted artwork.
4. The artist by submission grants the SCA the right to post the selected image(s) in the online exhibition and use the digital image(s) for publicity or educational purposes.
5. Artwork will not be for sale on the SCA website. However, if the artist sells the artwork as a result of it being included in this exhibition, the artist will forward a 20% commission of the artwork’s sale price to the SCA.
For this exhibition, you may enter up to 3 images. Please ensure the images meet the following specifications.
- Must be in jpg format only (jpg or jpeg)
- Only the image of your artwork should show (no frames or extraneous backgrounds)
- Images should be larger than 800px on the longest side *
- Image files cannot exceed 3 MB *
*Images that do not meet these specifications will fail to upload. Please make sure your files are sized properly before you begin the submission process.
**Size to be specified in INCHES in HxWXD with D-Depth only required for 3-D work.
how to enter
The SCA will be using EntryThingy as its online submission provider for this exhibition. Since this is a new submission process, we are asking for your understanding if we hit a few bumps along the way.
You will need to either have an existing EntryThingy account, or create a new one, in order to submit to this exhibition. The following button will take you to our submission page where you can find How to guides to help you create your EntryThingy account and submit your entries. Please contact the open exhibition coordinator, Allison Grapes at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.