Call for Entry:
2023 open international online juried exhibition
The call for entry for our 2023 Open International Online Juried Exhibition is now open! This exhibition will be displayed on the SCA website from April 1 to June 15, 2023. We are looking forward to seeing an outstanding collection of art from around the world.
All the call information is below. Please read the Entry Terms & Conditions carefully before proceeding with your submission. If you have any questions please contact our Exhibitions chair, Nancy Overbury, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Gallery: Online only
Exhibition Dates: April 1 to June 15, 2023
Submission Deadline: February 28, 2023
Results Notification by Email by: March 29, 2023
Maximum number of entries: Up to 3 artworks per artist
Jury Fees: $40 CAD for SCA members, $50 CAD for non-SCA members. Jury fees are non-refundable.
Ist Award of Excellence: $2,000
2nd Award of Excellence: $1000
3rd Award of Excellence: $750
2 Honourable Mentions: $250 each
EligibiliTy, Terms & Conditions of Entry
Eligibility and Conditions of Entry:
By submitting your entry, you are agreeing to the following:
- The Exhibition is open to all members and non-members of the SCA.
- All submissions must be original artwork and must not be copies or derivatives of someone else’s: paintings, photographs (copyrighted or not), or other artistic work. The artwork must be solely created by the artist without guidance from an instructor(s).
- The media must be clearly identified and may include techniques such as: painting, drawing, pastel, printmaking, sculpture, fibre art, photography, mixed media, and digital art. Artwork generated using an artificial intelligence (AI) platform is NOT permitted.
- Art must have been completed within 3 years of the entry deadline and must not have been previously exhibited in a SCA exhibition. Submissions with variations from previously accepted work may be deemed to be a resubmittal, and therefore ineligible.
- There are no size restrictions for artwork for this online Exhibition.
- Any infractions of the aforementioned entry conditions may result in serious consequences; including, but not limited to: the removal of the artwork from the exhibition, the forfeiting of award prizes, a prohibition from entry to future SCA exhibitions, and the artist expulsion from the SCA.
- After the entry is submitted, there will be no changes or substitutes allowed.
- The artist by submission grants the SCA the right to utilize images of the accepted work for the Exhibition’s publicity and website purposes.
- The artist will handle all artworks that are for sale and should be priced in Canadian funds ($CAD). The SCA will not take any commission for this exhibition.
For this exhibition, you may enter up to 3 images. Please ensure the images meet the following specifications.
- Must be in jpg format only (jpg or jpeg)
- Only the image of your artwork should show (no frames or extraneous backgrounds)
- Images should be larger than 800px on the longest side *
- Image files cannot exceed 2 MB *
*Images that do not meet these specifications will fail to upload. Please make sure your files are sized properly before you begin the submission process.
**Size to be specified in INCHES in HxWxD with D-Depth only required for 3-D work.
how to enter
The SCA uses EntryThingy as its online submission provider for this exhibition. Since this is a relatively new submission process, we are asking for your understanding if we hit a few bumps along the way.
You will need to either have an existing EntryThingy account, or create a new one, in order to submit to this exhibition. The following button will take you to our submissions page where you can find How to guides to help you create your EntryThingy account and submit your entries. Please contact the SCA Exhibitions Chair, Nancy Overbury, at email@example.com if you have any questions.