Call For Entry 52nd International Open
52nd International Open Juried Exhibition
The call for entry for our annual 52nd international open juried exhibition is now open! This exhibition will be held at the Papermill Art Gallery, Todmorden Mills, in Toronto, ON from August 10 to September 8, 2020. We are looking forward to seeing an outstanding collection of art from around the world.
All the call information is below. Please read the Entry Terms & Conditions carefully before proceeding with your submission. If you have any questions please contact our Exhibition coordinator, Cher Pruys, at email@example.com
IMPORTANT INFORMATION regarding Covid-19
We continue to live in uncertain times and currently there is no guarantee that the Papermill Gallery will be open on these dates. We remain confident, but may have to modify this show to a virtual exhibition on our website. Prizes will be awarded as committed and the show will be on our site for 3 months. However in this situation, works would only be available for sale through the artist.
By submitting your work here, you agree to these modifications, if necessary.
IMPORTANT UPDATE June 8, 2020
Due to Covid-19, the Papermill Gallery has changed the exhibition dates. Please note the dates below have changed. Also note that in Conditions of Entry #3 below, the size restriction is now 50″.
Gallery: Papermill Art Gallery, Todmorden Mills Heritage Site
Exhibition Dates: August 10 to September 8, 2020
Submission Deadline: July 3, 2020
Results Notification by Email: July 17, 2020
Shipped Work Delivery Date: To arrive at Gallery Express no later than August 7, 2020 ***
Hand Delivery Dates: August 10, 2020 9:30 pm to 4:00 pm
Official Opening & Reception: TBA, either opening or closing reception, social distancing in place
Exhibition Closes: September 8, 2020
Artwork Pickup*** & Return Shipping Begins: September 8, 2020 9:30 am to Noon
Maximum number of entries: 2
Elected Member Entry Fee: $40 for members, $50 for non-members
*** Please Note: Accepted entries that are shipped to this exhibition must be shipped to Gallery Express at 60A Miller Street, Toronto, ON M6N 2Z9. All works shipped to Gallery Express will be subject to a shipping agent fee of $30. Additional shipping information will be provided to all accepted artists.
Mary Pratt Crystal Award: $1,000 and Crystal Bowl
Duggan Canadian Landscape Award: $1000
First Award of Excellence: $1,000
Second Award of Excellence: $500
2 Awards of Merit: $250 each
Executive Director at Quest Art School & Gallery, Midland, ON
John Clark, MA
University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, USA
Sheila Davis, SCA, OSA
EligibiliTy, Terms & Conditions of Entry
Open to all SCA members (Elected & Associates) and to all artists worldwide.
- Entries must not be copies, derivatives, or based in any any way on other artists’ paintings, photographs, copryrighted or not, or other artistic work.
- Any infraction of this rule will result in serious consequences, it will result in but will not be limited to expulsion from the SCA. Entry fees or award prizes will be forfeited.
Conditions of Entry
1. The exhibition is open to all artists, whether or not SCA members, creating original artwork in all traditional media including painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpture and photography. Art must be entirely the work of the entrant, executed without the supervision of an instructor, and within 3 years of the entry deadline. Work must not have been previously exhibited in an SCA exhibition.
2. IMPORTANT: All works must be suitably framed or prepared with instructions for the installation of three-dimensional work. Two-dimensional work must have D-rings at the back to be hung on chains. Stretchers used for gallery canvases must be a minimum of 1.5 inches in depth with visible edges being finished, also with D-rings on the back.
3. Artists are invited to submit works in any size up to and not exceeding 50” framed on the longest side or unframed if presented on gallery-wrap canvas.
4. Shipped artwork must arrive at Gallery Express Shipping Agent via UPS, FedEx or Purolator only and must be suitably packaged for both shipment to and from this company. Artists are responsible for all shipping costs. A return waybill MUST be included. A shipping agent fee of $30 will apply
5. The artist by submission grants the gallery and the SCA the right to photograph accepted work for publicity, educational, references, and website purposes.
6. All artwork must be for sale, priced in Canadian funds with the intent to sell. The SCA charges 30% commission on all sales. All prices must include this and GST if charged by the artist and not artificially inflated.
For this exhibition, you may enter up to 2 images. Please ensure the images meet the following specifications.
- Must be in jpg format only (jpg or jpeg)
- Only the image of your artwork should show (no frames or extraneous backgrounds)
- Images must not be smaller than 800px on its longest side *
- Image files cannot exceed 2.5MB *
Image files are to be named using the following convention:
FirstName LastName, Title, Medium, Size**.jpg (ie: Jane Doe, My Painting Title, Acrylic, 18×24.jpg)
*Images that do not meet these specifications will fail to upload. Please make sure your files are sized properly before you begin the submission process.
**Size to be specified in INCHES in HxWXD with D-Depth only required for 3-D work.
how to enter
The SCA will be using EntryThingy as its online submission provider for this exhibition. Since this is a new submission process, we are asking for your understanding if we hit a few bumps along the way.
You will need to either have an existing EntryThingy account, or create a new one, in order to submit to this exhibition. The following button will take you to our submission page where you can find How to guides to help you create your EntryThingy account and submit your entries. Please contact the open exhibition coordinator, Cher Pruys at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.