call for entry
53rd International Open Juried Exhibition
Important update (June 2)
The call for entry for our annual 53rd international open juried exhibition is now open!
Our original plan was to host the physical show at the Papermill Gallery in Toronto. We had every reason to believe that it would happen. Unfortunately, the gallery will now remain closed for physical shows for the remainder of the season.
This means that we will go ahead with our backup plan of hosting a virtual show in its place. No work needs to be shipped!
We are committed to making the best of the situation and feature all accepted artwork on our website for a longer period of time: July 26th to September 30, 2021. We will promote the show aggressively across social media to give you lots of exposure.
Again, we are sorry to have to tell you this but we trust you understand that the situation is out of our control.
Results of the 53rd jury will go out July 5th, 2021.
Prizes will be awarded as committed and the show will be on our site for 2 months.
By submitting your work here, you agree to these modifications.
All of the call information is listed below. Please read the Entry Terms & Conditions carefully before proceeding with your submission. If you have any questions please contact our Exhibition coordinator, Cher Pruys, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Gallery: Online exhibition only
Exhibition Dates: July 26 to September 30, 2021
Submission Deadline: June 25, 2021
Results Notification by Email: July 5, 2021
Exhibition Closes: September 30, 2021
Maximum number of entries: 2
Elected Member Entry Fee: $40 for members, $50 for non-members
Antoinette Stevens’ Award for Best Painting: $1,000 and Medallion
Antoinette Stevens’ Award for Best Acrylic Painting: $500 and Medallion
Duggan Canadian Landscape Award: $1000
2 SCA Awards of Excellence: $1,000 and $500
2 Awards of Merit: $250 each
St. Albert, Alberta
Art Instructor at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College
and Marc Poole Studios, USA
Evalynne McDougall, SCA
EligibiliTy, Terms & Conditions of Entry
Open to all SCA members (Elected & Associates) and to all artists worldwide.
- Entries must not be copies, derivatives, or based in any any way on other artists’ paintings, photographs, copyrighted or not, or other artistic work.
- Any infraction of this rule will result in serious consequences, it will result in but will not be limited to expulsion from the SCA. Entry fees or award prizes will be forfeited.
Conditions of Entry
1. The exhibition is open to all artists, whether or not SCA members, creating original artwork in all traditional media including painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpture and photography. Art must be entirely the work of the entrant, executed without the supervision of an instructor, and within 3 years of the entry deadline. Work must not have been previously exhibited in an SCA exhibition.
2. The artist by submission grants the the SCA the right to use the image of the accepted artwork for publicity, educational, references, and website purposes.
For this exhibition, you may enter up to 2 images. Please ensure the images meet the following specifications.
- Must be in jpg format only (jpg or jpeg)
- Only the image of your artwork should show (no frames or extraneous backgrounds)
- Images must not be smaller than 800px on its longest side *
- Image files cannot exceed 3.0 MB *
Image files are to be named using the following convention:
FirstName LastName, Title, Medium, Size**.jpg (ie: Jane Doe, My Painting Title, Acrylic, 18×24.jpg)
*Images that do not meet these specifications will fail to upload. Please make sure your files are sized properly before you begin the submission process.
**Size to be specified in INCHES in HxWXD with D-Depth only required for 3-D work.
how to enter
The SCA will be using EntryThingy as its online submission provider for this exhibition. Since this is a new submission process, we are asking for your understanding if we hit a few bumps along the way.
You will need to either have an existing EntryThingy account, or create a new one, in order to submit to this exhibition. The following button will take you to our submission page where you can find How to guides to help you create your EntryThingy account and submit your entries. Please contact the open exhibition coordinator, Cher Pruys at email@example.com if you have any questions.