call for entry
54th International Open Juried Exhibition
Open to SCA Elected Members, Associates Members and the general public
Gallery: Papermill Gallery, Todmorden Mills Heritage Site
Address: 67 Pottery Road, Toronto, On. M4K 2B9
Exhibition Dates: August 4th – August 27, 2022
Submission Deadline: June 24, 2022
Results Notification by Email: July 15, 2021
Hand Delivery Date: August 2, 2022; 12:30p.m. – 4:00p.m.
Hand Pick Up Date: August 29; 9:30 a.m. -12:00 nn
Opening Reception and Awards Ceremony: August 5, 2022 (Friday) Time: TBA
Exhibition Closes: August 27, 2022
Maximum number of entries: 2
Elected Member Entry Fee: $40 for members, $50 for non-members
Best in Show: $2,000
Duggan Canadian Landscape Award: $1,000
Biafarin Award: $1,000
2nd SCA Award of Excellence: $500
2 Awards of Merit: $250 each
To Be Advised
EligibiliTy, Terms & Conditions of Entry
Open to all SCA members (Elected & Associates) and to all artists worldwide.
By submitting your entry, your are agreeing to the following terms:
- Entries must not be copies, derivatives, or based in any any way on other artists’ paintings, photographs, copyrighted or not, or other artistic work.
- Any infraction of this rule will result in serious consequences, it will result in but will not be limited to expulsion from the SCA. Entry fees or award prizes will be forfeited.
Conditions of Entry
1. The exhibition is open to Elected Members of the SCA, Associate Members and the General Public. Eligible artwork original in all traditional media including, but not limited to: painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpture, photography, fabric art and digital art. Art must be entirely the work of the entrant, executed without the supervision of an instructor, and within 3 years of the entry deadline. Work must not have been previously exhibited in an SCA exhibition.
2. All works must be suitably framed or prepared with instructions for the installation of three-dimensional work. Specify any specific hanging requirements.
3. The artist by submission grants the the SCA the right to use the image of the accepted artwork for publicity, educational, references, and website purposes.
4. Artwork size restrictions: 30″ on the longest side unframed maximum.
5. Shipped artwork must arrive at Papermill Gallery, Todmorden Mills Heritage Site, 67 Pottery Road, Toronto, Ontario M4K 2B9 on August 2nd via GALLERY EXPRESS. All shipping will be handled by designated courier Gallery Express and must be suitably packaged for both shipment to and from this venue. Artists will be advised upon acceptance to the show. Artists are responsible for all shipping costs. A current Bio and CV must be provided for display during the show at the gallery.
6. All artworks must be for sale, prices in Canadian funds with the intent to sell. The gallery does not charge commission for sales. All sales queries will be forwarded to the artists for processing. The SCA will take 20% commission on sales for this exhibition.
7. All submissions are FINAL. Please ensure that all text, labels and quality of the image are complete before uploading to the site.
For this exhibition, you may enter up to 2 images. Please ensure the images meet the following specifications.
- Must be in jpg format only (jpg or jpeg)
- Only the image of your artwork should show (no frames or extraneous backgrounds)
- Images must not be smaller than 800px on its longest side *
- Image files cannot exceed 2.0 MB *
Image files are to be named using the following convention:
FirstName LastName, Title, Medium, Size**.jpg (ie: Jane Doe, My Painting Title, Acrylic, 18×24.jpg)
*Images that do not meet these specifications will fail to upload. Please make sure your files are sized properly before you begin the submission process.
**Size to be specified in INCHES in HxWxD with D-Depth only required for 3-D work.
how to enter
The SCA will be using EntryThingy as its online submission provider for this exhibition. Since this is a new submission process, we are asking for your understanding if we hit a few bumps along the way.
You will need to either have an existing EntryThingy account, or create a new one, in order to submit to this exhibition. The following button will take you to our submission page where you can find How to guides to help you create your EntryThingy account and submit your entries. Please contact the open exhibition coordinator, Cher Pruys at email@example.com if you have any questions.