CALL FOR ENTRY
2021 Elected Members' juried Exhibition
The call for our 2021 Elected Members’ Juried Exhibition is now open. We invite submissions from elected members of the SCA in good standing.
All of the call information is listed below. Please read the Entry Terms & Conditions carefully before proceeding with your submission.
If you have any questions, please contact our Exhibition co-ordinator, Nancy Overbury, at
Gallery: Gallery 78, 796 Queen Street, Fredericton, NB E3B 1C6
Exhibition Dates: September 10th to October 3rd, 2021
Opening Reception: September 10, 2021 (TBA)
Submission Deadline: July 31st, 2021
Maximum number of artworks per entry: Artists may submit two artworks for jurying. Only 1 artwork per artist will be accepted if juried into the show
Elected Member Entry Fee: $40 (non-refundable) for up to 2 artwork images.
Results Notification by Email: August 13, 2021
Shipped Work Delivery Date: Week of Aug. 31 to Sept. 3, 2021
Hand Delivery Dates: Week of Aug. 31 to Sept. 3, 2021
Shipping/Delivery address: Gallery 78, 796 Queen Street, Fredericton, NB E3B 1C6
Exhibition Closes: October 3rd, 2021
Hand Pickup Dates: October 5, 2021
Returning Shipping Dates: Starting October 5, 2021
Mary Pratt Crystal Award: $5000 plus engraved crystal bowl
First Award of Excellence: $1,000
Second Award of Excellence: $500
2 Awards of Merit: $250 each
Director/CEO Beaverbrook Art Gallery, Fredericton, NB
Colleen J Dyson
EligibiliTy, Terms & Conditions of Entry
Open to Elected SCA members, in good standing, only. Associate members of the SCA are not eligible.
- Only original artwork in traditional media including painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpture and photography will be accepted.
- Entries must not be copies, derivatives, or based in any way on other artists’ paintings, photographs, copyrighted or not, or other artistic work. Any infraction of this rule will result in serious consequences. It will result in, but will not be limited to, expulsion from the SCA. Entry fees or award prizes will be forfeited.
- The artwork must be entirely the work of the entrant, executed without the supervision of an instructor, and completed within 3 years of the entry deadline.
- The artwork must not have been previously exhibited in an SCA exhibition.
- All artwork must be suitably framed. In the case of three-dimensional work, installation instructions must be provided.
- The artwork must be no larger than 30” x 40” framed.
Conditions of Entry for Gallery 78
- Shipped artwork must arrive at Gallery 78 via UPS, FedEx, Canada Post and it must be suitably packaged for both shipment to and from this venue.
- Artists are responsible for all shipping costs to and from the gallery.
- A return waybill MUST be included as well as a current Bio and CV for display during the show at the Gallery.
- The artist, by submission, grants the SCA the right to use accepted work for publicity, educational, references, and website purposes.
- All artworks must be for sale, priced in Canadian funds with the intent to sell.
- The gallery charges a 40% commission on all sales. Prices must include this and not be artificially inflated. The SCA will not take any commission for the exhibition at Gallery 78.
Conditions of Entry for the Online Extension
To maximize the exposure of our Elected Members show (due to Covid), accepted artworks will be shown online on our website from October 5 – November 10.
- All artwork accepted into the Elected Members exhibition at Gallery 78 will also be promoted on the online show.
- Artworks do NOT have to be for sale. If you do not wish to sell your artwork during the online exhibition, please contact Gisele Leger Drapeau at firstname.lastname@example.org to mention that the work should be considered NFS.
- Our SCA website will not be listing sale prices.
- Potential buyers will be prompted to contact the Exhibitions Director for more information about the artwork.
- The SCA Elected Member will be responsible for connecting with the potential buyer, negotiating the sale price, collecting payment, and shipping or delivering the artwork.
- Should an artwork sell as a result of exposure in the online exhibition, the artist is obliged to provide the SCA with a 20% commission.
For this exhibition, you may enter up to 2 images. Please ensure the images meet the following specifications.
- Must be in jpg format only (jpg or jpeg)
- Only the image of your artwork should show (no frames or extraneous backgrounds)
- Images must not be smaller than 800px on its longest side *
- Image files cannot exceed 2.5MB *
Image files are to be named using the following convention:
FirstName LastName, Title, Medium, Size**.jpg (ie: Jane Doe, My Painting Title, Acrylic, 18×24.jpg)
*Images that do not meet these specifications will fail to upload. Please make sure your files are sized properly before you begin the submission process.
**Size to be specified in INCHES in HxWXD with D-Depth only required for 3-D work.
how to enter
The SCA will be using EntryThingy as its online submission provider for this exhibition.
You will need to either have an existing EntryThingy account, or create a new one, in order to submit to this exhibition. The following button will take you to our submission page where you can find How to guides to help you create your EntryThingy account and submit your entries.
Please contact Nancy Overbury at email@example.com if you have any questions.