call for entry
55th Open International Juried Exhibition
Open to SCA Elected Members, Associates Members and the general public
Gallery: Art Space Connect and Parkview Galleries, Neilson Park Creative Centre
Address: 56 Neilson Drive, Etobicoke, ON, M9C 1V7
Exhibition Dates: August 8 – 31, 2023
Submission Deadline: June 15, 2023
Results Notification by Email: July 7, 2023
Hand Delivery Date: August 4, 2023 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Hand Pick Up Date: September 1, 2023 from 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Opening Reception and Awards Ceremony: August 19, 2023 from 1:00 – 4:00 pm
Exhibition Closes: August 31, 2023
Maximum number of entries: 2
Elected Member Entry Fee: $40 for members, $50 for non-members
Best in Show: $2,000
Canadian Landscape Award: $1,000
Biafarin Award: $1,000
2nd SCA Award of Excellence: $500
2 Awards of Merit: $250 each
EligibiliTy, Terms & Conditions of Entry
The SCA 55th Open International Juried Exhibition is a hybrid online/ in-person exhibition that is open to all SCA members (Elected & Associates) and to all artists worldwide. All electronic submissions meeting the terms and conditions of entry will be forwarded to the jurors for adjudication, and the juror-accepted and award winning pieces will be exhibited online on the SCA website. As an additional opportunity, artists with accepted work may also elect to participate in the in-person gallery exhibition. Note that insurance coverage will not be included for artwork during shipping or in the gallery. Artists wishing to have their work insured are encouraged to secure their own coverage.
Terms and Conditions of Entry:
By submitting your entry, you are agreeing to the following:
- All submissions must be original artwork and not be copies or derivatives of someone else’s: paintings, photography (copyrighted or not), or other artistic work. The artwork must be solely created by the artist without guidance from an instructor(s).
- The media must be clearly identified and may include techniques such as painting, drawing, pastel, printmaking, sculpture, fibre art, photography, mixed media, and digital art. Artwork generated using an artificial intelligence (AI) platform is NOT permitted.
- Art must have been completed within three (3) years of the entry deadline and not previously exhibited in an SCA exhibition. Submissions with variations from previously accepted work may be deemed to be a resubmittal, and therefore ineligible.
- The maximum dimension of artwork is 30″ on the longest side (including frame). In addition, three-dimensional work must be able to sit on a 12” x 12” pedestal.
- Any infractions of the aforementioned terms and conditions of entry may result in serious consequences: including, but not limited to the removal of the artwork from the exhibition, the forfeiting of award prizes, a prohibition from entry to future SCA exhibition, and the artist’s expulsion from the SCA.
- After the entry is submitted, there will be no changes or substitutes allowed.
- The artist by submission grants the SCA the right to utilize images of the accepted work for the exhibition’s publicity and website purposes.
- All artworks must be for sale and priced in Canadian funds ($CAD) with the intent to sell. A 15% commission will be collected on sales. All in-gallery sales will be handled by the gallery front desk and will advise the SCA Exhibitions Director when a work has sold.
- All two-dimensional artwork that will be part of the in-person exhibition must be ready to hang and properly wired according to weight. Two-dimensional artwork must be framed, unless it is on gallery depth (1.5”+) canvas or wood panel. Detailed instructions must accompany the installation of three-dimensional work. Artwork hung on walls must not exceed 50 pounds.
- All shipping will be handled by the SCA’s designated courier (Gallery Express) and must be suitably packaged for both shipment to and from this venue. Artists will be given detailed shipping information upon acceptance to the show. Artists are responsible for all shipping costs.
For this exhibition, you may enter up to 2 images. Please ensure the images meet the following specifications.
- Must be in jpg format only (jpg or jpeg)
- Only the image of your artwork should show (no frames or extraneous backgrounds)
- Images must not be smaller than 800px on its shortest side *
- Image files cannot exceed 2.0 MB *
Image files are to be named using the following convention:
FirstName LastName, Title, Medium, Size**.jpg (ie: Jane Doe, My Painting Title, Acrylic, 18×24.jpg)
*Images that do not meet these specifications will fail to upload. Please make sure your files are sized properly before you begin the submission process.
**Size to be specified in INCHES in HxWxD with D-Depth only required for 3-D work.
how to enter
The SCA will be using EntryThingy as its online submission provider for this exhibition.
You will need to either have an existing EntryThingy account, or create a new one, in order to submit to this exhibition. The following button will take you to our submission page where you can find How to guides to help you create your EntryThingy account and submit your entries. If you have any questions, please contact the open exhibition coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org