Call For Entry
2020 Elected Members' juried Exhibition
The call for entry for our annual Elected member exhibition is now open! This exhibition will be held at the Musee de l’Hotel des Postes in Victoriaville, QC from June 27 to September 6, 2020. We look forward to seeing the outstanding artwork of our Elected members’ from across Canada in this exhibition.
All the call information is below. Please read the Entry Terms & Conditions carefully before proceeding with your submission. If you have any questions please contact our Exhibition coordinator, Karin Richter, at email@example.com
Gallery: MUSEE DE L’HOTEL DES POSTES
Exhibition Dates: June 27th to September 6th, 2020
Submission Deadline: May 14, 2020
Results Notification by Email: May 28, 2020
Shipped Work Delivery Date: June 15 – 19, 2020
Hand Delivery Dates ***: June 7 – 15, 2020
Official Opening & Reception: June 28, 2020 2 to 4pm
Exhibition Closes: September 6, 2020
Artwork Pickup*** & Return Shipping Begins: September 7, 2020
Maximum number of entries: 2
Elected Member Entry Fee: $40 (non-refundable) for up to 2 entries
Antoinette Stevens’ Award for Best Artwork in Exhibition: $1,000 and Medallion
Antoinette Stevens’ Award for Best Acrylic Painting: $500
First Award of Excellence: $1,000
Second Award of Excellence: $500
2 Awards of Merit: $250 each
Artist Owner, Swinton’s Art Supplies, Calgary, AB
Visual Arts Coordinator
Department of Culture
Heather Grindley SCA
EligibiliTy, Terms & Conditions of Entry
Open to Elected SCA members, in good standing, only
- Entries must not be copies, derivatives, or based in any any way on other artists’ paintings, photographs, copryrighted or not, or other artistic work.
- Any infraction of this rule will result in serious consequences, it will result in but will not be limited to expulsion from the SCA. Entry fees or award prizes will be forfeited.
Conditions of Entry
- The exhibition is only open to Elected Members of the SCA creating original artwork in all traditional media including painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpture and photography. Art must be entirely the work of the entrant, executed without the supervision of an instructor, and within 3 years of the entry deadline. Work must not have been previously exhibited in an SCA exhibition.
- IMPORTANT: All works must be suitably framed or prepared with instructions for the installation of three-dimensional work. Two-dimensional work must have D-rings at the back to be hung on chains. Stretchers used for gallery canvases must be a minimum of 1.5 inches in depth with visible edges being finished, also with D-rings on the back.
- There is no size limit for artwork, however, as the Musee only accepts a certain amount of artwork, we would suggest you consider space limitations.
- Shipped artwork must arrive at the Musee in Victoriaville via UPS, FedEx or Purolator and must be suitably packaged for both shipment to and from this venue. Artists are responsible for all shipping costs. A return waybill MUST be included.
- The artist, by submission, grants the Musee de l’Hotel des Postes and the SCA the right to photograph accepted work for publicity, educational, references, and website purposes.
- All artwork must be for sale, priced in Canadian funds with the intent to sell. The Musee charges a 20% commission on all sales. Prices must include this and not be artificially inflated. The SCA will not take any commission for this exhibition.
For this exhibition, you may enter up to 2 images. Please ensure the images meet the following specifications.
- Must be in jpg format only (jpg or jpeg)
- Only the image of your artwork should show (no frames or extraneous backgrounds)
- Images must not be smaller than 800px on its longest side *
- Image files cannot exceed 2.5MB *
Image files are to be named using the following convention:
FirstName LastName, Title, Medium, Size**.jpg (ie: Jane Doe, My Painting Title, Acrylic, 18×24.jpg)
*Images that do not meet these specifications will fail to upload. Please make sure your files are sized properly before you begin the submission process.
**Size to be specified in INCHES in HxWXD with D-Depth only required for 3-D work.
how to enter
The SCA will be using EntryThingy as its online submission provider for this exhibition. This is our first time using this submission process for an exhibition, so we are asking for your understanding if we hit a few bumps along the way.
You will need to either have an existing EntryThingy account, or create a new one, in order to submit to this exhibition. The following button will take you to our submission page where you can find How to guides to help you create your EntryThingy account and submit your entries. Please contact Karin Richter at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.