Call For Entry
2020 Elected Members' juried Exhibition
Due to Covid-19 close downs, the 2020 Elected Members exhibition will now be held online on the SCA website. The Musee was not able to confirm that restrictions would be lifted in time for the exhibition to take place. The SCA Exhibition committee had to make the hard decision to cancel the gallery show and hold it instead as an online display of our Elected members talents.
We are making plans to return to the Musee de l’Hotel des Postes in the spring of 2021.
All the call information is below. Please read the Entry Terms & Conditions carefully before proceeding with your submission. If you have any questions please contact our Exhibition coordinator, Karin Richter, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Gallery: ONLINE on the SCA Website
Exhibition Dates: July 4th to September 6th, 2020
Submission Deadline: June 15, 2020
Results Notification by Email: June 30, 2020
Shipped Work Delivery Date: N/A
Hand Delivery Dates: N/A
Exhibition Closes: September 6, 2020
Maximum number of entries: 2
Elected Member Entry Fee: $40 (non-refundable) for up to 2 entries
Antoinette Stevens’ Award for Best Artwork in Exhibition: $1,000 and Medallion
Antoinette Stevens’ Award for Best Acrylic Painting: $500
First Award of Excellence: $1,000
Second Award of Excellence: $500
2 Awards of Merit: $250 each
Artist Owner, Swinton’s Art Supplies, Calgary, AB
Visual Arts Coordinator
Department of Culture
Heather Grindley SCA
EligibiliTy, Terms & Conditions of Entry
Open to Elected SCA members, in good standing, only
- Entries must not be copies, derivatives, or based in any any way on other artists’ paintings, photographs, copryrighted or not, or other artistic work.
- Any infraction of this rule will result in serious consequences, it will result in but will not be limited to expulsion from the SCA. Entry fees or award prizes will be forfeited.
Conditions of Entry
- The exhibition is only open to Elected Members of the SCA creating original artwork in all traditional media including painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpture and photography. Art must be entirely the work of the entrant, executed without the supervision of an instructor, and within 4 years of the entry deadline. Work must not have been previously exhibited in an SCA exhibition.
- There is no size limit for artwork for this exhibition.
- The artist, by submission, grants the SCA the right to use accepted work for publicity, educational, references, and website purposes.
- Artwork will not be for sale on the website. You can enter a $0 price when submitting. If sold through exposure of this show on our website, 20% commission is charged, directly payable to the SCA.
For this exhibition, you may enter up to 2 images. Please ensure the images meet the following specifications.
- Must be in jpg format only (jpg or jpeg)
- Only the image of your artwork should show (no frames or extraneous backgrounds)
- Images must not be smaller than 800px on its longest side *
- Image files cannot exceed 2.5MB *
Image files are to be named using the following convention:
FirstName LastName, Title, Medium, Size**.jpg (ie: Jane Doe, My Painting Title, Acrylic, 18×24.jpg)
*Images that do not meet these specifications will fail to upload. Please make sure your files are sized properly before you begin the submission process.
**Size to be specified in INCHES in HxWXD with D-Depth only required for 3-D work.
how to enter
The SCA will be using EntryThingy as its online submission provider for this exhibition. This is our first time using this submission process for an exhibition, so we are asking for your understanding if we hit a few bumps along the way.
You will need to either have an existing EntryThingy account, or create a new one, in order to submit to this exhibition. The following button will take you to our submission page where you can find How to guides to help you create your EntryThingy account and submit your entries. Please contact Karin Richter at email@example.com if you have any questions.